Friday 11 February 2011

Interview with a Kick Boxer (Joe Smilovitch)

Joe took some time out to answer a few questions over a M Wellness Acai Rapid Recovery after training!

First off Joe, how is the juice?
It's wonderful, This is just what I need after every session! It really helps with my recovery, tomorrow the aches and pains wont be so bad!

What interested you in Kick Boxing??I did Kickboxing in the UK years ago and found it one of the best workouts and Martial Arts around

Has your level of fitness improved?I have been going for 2hour sessions twice a week for six weeks now and am just starting to notice a difference in tone and muscle
Do you feel that the class de stresses you?
Ironically , yes! Seems like kicking and punching and circuit training de stresses and also brings energy levels up

What are the Instructors like? Do they Push you?In terms of a workout, yes, in terms of technique I know I have to build a core strength first and move onto more complicated moves and combinations in time

Do you feel like you can progress further as a Kick Boxer, Maybe even start Sparring in a Controlled environment? I would like to think that in six months we could start going through the belts and eventually competing (at the moment I doubt I could beat a nine year old)
 
What have you learnt so far?A few basic combinations in terms of kicks and punches (I have learnt I cant skip very well) stance and guard, some defence and attack work

Who do you think could benefit from Kick Boxing? Just about anyone really, would like to see some girls in the class as it really does keep one fit and healthy

Do you do any other Classes @ M Wellness, do you think they support you in Kick Boxing? I often do yoga with Ascanio who I think is a great teacher, but thats about it really, I am a fairly new member of the gym but I am totally happy with the support and service of all the staff

Kick Boxing is @ M Wellness from 2pm until 4pm Tuesday and Thursday's
http://www.mwellnessibiza.com/

No comments: